We aim to bring you stories with a certain WOW factor and this one certainly fits the bill.
432 Park Avenue is located between 56th and 57th street, Manhattan, New York City. It is currently the tallest residential tower in the Western Hemisphere.
With topping complete at 1,396 feet and the last of the concrete finally poured three years after the start of construction, it surpasses the Empire State Building (1,250 feet) and the Chrysler Building (1,046 feet) without its spire, and its rooftop is the highest in the city.
Designed by Rafael Vinoly, the tower boasts 104 luxury condominium complexes (starting at 356 feet from the ground), 10-foot-by-10-foot windows, private elevator landings, heated bathroom floors and the option to purchase a climate-controlled wine cellar ($320,000).
Depending on your viewpoint, you may think this is either amazing or excessive. There’s no denying though, that the view is spectacular:
[More Information: Forbes
; 432 Park Avenue
Image Gallery: Click To View | Share
Like WOW Planet Earth on Facebook:
Next Up: More From WOW Planet Earth
- Times Square, New York: Why Do People Love Times Square? This Film Asks Them Why [Video]
- New York City Skyline – Sunrise Over An Icy City [P.O.D.]
- Charlie Chicken, Canine Artist – An Affectionate Look At Dogs, Life And Art In New York City [Video]
- 888,246 Ceramic Poppies Fill The Moat At The Tower Of London – Spectacular Aerial View Of The First World War Memorial [Video]
- Columbus, Ohio – Arts, Community And The Creative Fight Against Gentrification In Our Cities [Video]
- Bicycle Crazy? You May Well Be, But Would You Honestly Try This? The Man Who Lived On His Bike [Video]
- Under the Docks in California | Wow! Planet Earth
- Grand Canyon – A Cloud Inversion And The ‘Grandest Hike On Earth’?
- Aurora Borealis Over Canada (NASA) | Wow! Planet Earth
- Wanderment: Beautiful North American Landscapes Captured By Superb Time-Lapse Photography [Video]
- Stunning Photography Of The Role Played In Nature, By The Life And Death Of Salmon In Alaska [Video]
- Mono Lake Tufa, California | Wow! Planet Earth
- Surfing: Superb Footage Of Surfing By Elite Athletes – Captured At 1000 Frames Per Second By Chris Bryan Films [Video]
- Golden California Live Oaks Silhouette | Wow! Planet Earth
- California Sunset | Wow! Planet Earth
- The Denali Experiment: An Expedition To Climb, Ski and Snowboard Denali, Alaska [Video]
- Hedgehog Escapes Suburbia: Saving Harry Tells The Story Of Real-Life Issues Facing Urban Hedgehogs With A Beautiful Animated Film [Video]
- Snowboarding At Night! Glowing Snowboarder Filmed Wearing An LED Suit In The French Alps – Set Beautifully To Music [Video]
- Young Elephant vs 14 Lions: Unexpected Outcome As A Young Elephant Is Attacked By A Pride Of Female Lions [Video]
- Forest Man: Inspirational True Story Of One Man’s Fight To Save His Island [Video]
- Hawk vs Drone! Find Out Which One Wins During A Mid-Air Attack On Unmanned Quadcopter/ Drone Cam [Video]
- And The Walls Came Tumbling Down – 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wall
- Full Moon Silhouettes – Extraordinary Footage Of The Moon Rising Over Wellington, New Zealand [Video]
- Hong Kong – A Farewell Love Letter To The City [Video]
- Laughing Owl – Now You’ve Seen Everything. How A Small Tweak To A 15 Second Video Sent It Viral [Video]
- In Damascus, Syria: Set To The Words Of The Acclaimed Palestinian Poet Mahmoud Darwish, This Film Explores The 11,000 Year Old City [Video]
- Animated Film, Ground Floor – Subjective City Of A Mistaken Mind [Video]
- Hong Kong – City Of Colour, Contrast and Contradictions. Life Through The Lens Of A Traveller [Video]
- Havana, Cuba: It’s Difficult Not To Be Charmed By The People And This Beautiful City
- 21st Century Living As Predicted By Walter Cronkite In 1967. So How Did It Really Turn Out For Us? [Video]