Our (not so) little homage to Banksy. His works along with a few Banksy inspired pieces.
Banksy is a pseudonymous English graffiti artist, political activist, film director, and painter.
His satirical street art and epigrams combine dark humour with graffiti executed in a distinctive stencilling technique. His works of political and social commentary have been featured on streets, walls, and bridges of cities throughout the world.
Banksy’s work grew out of the Bristol underground scene, which involved collaborations between artists and musicians.Observers have noted that his style is similar to Blek le Rat, who began to work with stencils in 1981 in Paris. Banksy says that he was inspired by “3D”, a graffiti artist who later became a founding member of Massive Attack.
Whatever the true story, we and many thousands of others love his work.
[More Information: Banksy.co.uk
| Banksy Wikipedia
Image Gallery: Click To View | Share
Like WOW Planet Earth on Facebook:
Next Up: More From WOW Planet Earth
- Columbus, Ohio – Arts, Community And The Creative Fight Against Gentrification In Our Cities [Video]
- Ghost Peloton: Cycling, Performance Art And Choreography To Celebrate Le Grande Depart, Yorkshire – Tour De France 2014
- A Way To Live – Will’s Humble And Inspirational Interpretation On Life And Living [Video]
- Crash, Get Back-Up And Learn – Important Life Lessons Of A Free Skiing Athlete That Can Inspire Us All [Video]
- Forest Man: Inspirational True Story Of One Man’s Fight To Save His Island [Video]
- Contemporary Photographers: An Exploration Of Their Work And Practices. An Unconventional And Innovative Film By Tyrone Lebon [Video]
- Times Square, New York: Why Do People Love Times Square? This Film Asks Them Why [Video]
- In Damascus, Syria: Set To The Words Of The Acclaimed Palestinian Poet Mahmoud Darwish, This Film Explores The 11,000 Year Old City [Video]
- 10 Fabulous Pictures Of The Karapan Sapi Festival In Madura, Indonesia. The Fine Art Of Bull-Skating!
- Charlie Chicken, Canine Artist – An Affectionate Look At Dogs, Life And Art In New York City [Video]
- Wanderers: Short Film Explores A Vision Of What Our Future In Space Might Actually Look Like. Based On Research By NASA [Video]
- Mountain Running: ‘The Ingenious Choice’ Explores The World Of Mountain Runner Anton Krupicka As He Takes Part In The Ultra-Trail Du Mont Blanc [Video]
- Snowboarding At Night! Glowing Snowboarder Filmed Wearing An LED Suit In The French Alps – Set Beautifully To Music [Video]
- Bicycle Crazy? You May Well Be, But Would You Honestly Try This? The Man Who Lived On His Bike [Video]
- Animated Film, Ground Floor – Subjective City Of A Mistaken Mind [Video]
- Sammy The Explorer: How Surfing And Safe Drinking Water Changed His Life. In Sumba, Indonesia [Video]
- Seat 22 — Trans-Siberian Odyssey: Experience One Of The Greatest Railway Journeys Of The World [Video]
- A Moment Abroad: A Short Symphony To Travel In Europe. Time-Lapse Film Combined With Music Creates A Memorable Journey [Video]
- Experience Human Flight – Skydiving In Australia: #1 of 3 [Video]
- Starling Murmuration – A Beautiful Bird Ballet In The Sky [Video]
- War And Propaganda: Thought-Provoking Film/ Animation ‘Daddy Went Daddy Did’ – Inspired by The War Effort Slogan ‘Daddy What Did YOU Do In The Great War?’ [Video]
- A Battle For Peace: 60 Seconds Of Powerful Animated Film Forms Part Of A Memorable Tribute To The Centenary Of The Start Of The First World War [Video]
- Christ The Redeemer, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Amazing Film Shows Inside The Statue And Stunning Views From The Top
- Hong Kong In The 1950s – Through The Lens Of A Teenage Street Photographer
- Travel, Snow-boarding And Life In The Mountains From An Athlete’s Perspective [Video]
- Giant Siberian Sinkhole: Huge Hole Mysteriously Appears In The Yamal Peninsular
- 21st Century Living As Predicted By Walter Cronkite In 1967. So How Did It Really Turn Out For Us? [Video]
- Full Moon Silhouettes – Extraordinary Footage Of The Moon Rising Over Wellington, New Zealand [Video]
- Superb Time-Lapse Film Of Ships Using The Panama Canal [Video]
- Electronics Afterlife: One Man’s Cross-Atlantic Journey Reveals The Truth About Electronics Recycling [Video]