Ambitious, haunting and unique.
Created for the Le Grande Depart of the Tour de France 2014, which started in Yorkshire,England.
Ghost Peloton fuses performance cycling with athletic choreography performed by Phoenix Dance Theatre’s dancers, and the varied landscapes of race route.
Each rider, bike and performer was illuminated using NVA’s bespoke LED light suit, which can instantaneously change colour, flash-rate and luminosity. The rhythm of movement from the choreographed actions of massed participants becomes a source of creativity in itself, extending perception of the immediate setting.
It’s epic public art, operating at the grandest scale, where physical surroundings become an open canvas carrying a new visual language, expressing mood and movement, comprised of form, colour and line.
Ghost Peloton is an ambitious collaboration between NVA and Phoenix Dance Theatre, in partnership with Sustrans, created for Yorkshire Festival 2014.
Ghost Peloton has been nominated for a Bike Design Award.
Soundtrack: by Frame Missing
[More information: NVA Speed of Light
Like WOW Planet Earth on Facebook:
Next Up: More From WOW Planet Earth
- 888,246 Ceramic Poppies Fill The Moat At The Tower Of London – Spectacular Aerial View Of The First World War Memorial [Video]
- Banksy Street Art – The (Nearly) Complete Works Of Banksy. 200+ Images Capture His Best Work To Date
- Times Square, New York: Why Do People Love Times Square? This Film Asks Them Why [Video]
- Roman Remains In Europe – Take An Amazing Aerial Tour By Drone Cam And Explore Some Of The Most Memorable Scenes In Europe [Video]
- Bicycle Crazy? You May Well Be, But Would You Honestly Try This? The Man Who Lived On His Bike [Video]
- 10 Fabulous Pictures Of The Karapan Sapi Festival In Madura, Indonesia. The Fine Art Of Bull-Skating!
- Snowboarding At Night! Glowing Snowboarder Filmed Wearing An LED Suit In The French Alps – Set Beautifully To Music [Video]
- Travel, Snow-boarding And Life In The Mountains From An Athlete’s Perspective [Video]
- Experience Zero Gravity – BASE Jumping in Europe: #2 of 3 [Video]
- South Yorkshire, England | Wow! Planet Earth
- The Matterhorn – 150th Anniversary Of The First Climb By Edward Whymper And Team [Video]
- War And Propaganda: Thought-Provoking Film/ Animation ‘Daddy Went Daddy Did’ – Inspired by The War Effort Slogan ‘Daddy What Did YOU Do In The Great War?’ [Video]
- 7000 Balloons Create A Striking Reminder For The 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wall
- Delivery By Drone? Pioneering New Means Of Delivery – Expect Reports Of Collisions, Wrong Addresses And Perhaps Even Air Piracy Sometime Soon
- Crash, Get Back-Up And Learn – Important Life Lessons Of A Free Skiing Athlete That Can Inspire Us All [Video]
- Starling Murmuration – A Beautiful Bird Ballet In The Sky [Video]
- Contemporary Photographers: An Exploration Of Their Work And Practices. An Unconventional And Innovative Film By Tyrone Lebon [Video]
- In Damascus, Syria: Set To The Words Of The Acclaimed Palestinian Poet Mahmoud Darwish, This Film Explores The 11,000 Year Old City [Video]
- Grand Canyon – A Cloud Inversion And The ‘Grandest Hike On Earth’?
- Charlie Chicken, Canine Artist – An Affectionate Look At Dogs, Life And Art In New York City [Video]
- The Manchester Eye, England | Wow! Planet Earth
- Giant Siberian Sinkhole: Huge Hole Mysteriously Appears In The Yamal Peninsular
- Vernazza, Italy – Panoramic Sunset Over The Sea [P.O.D.]
- One Morning In Italy – A Light-Hearted Romp Around The Leaning Tower Of Pisa [Video]
- And The Walls Came Tumbling Down – 25th Anniversary Of The Fall Of The Berlin Wall
- A Moment Abroad: A Short Symphony To Travel In Europe. Time-Lapse Film Combined With Music Creates A Memorable Journey [Video]
- Forest Man: Inspirational True Story Of One Man’s Fight To Save His Island [Video]
- Experience Freedom – BASE Jumping With Wing Suits: #3 of 3 [Video]
- Seat 22 — Trans-Siberian Odyssey: Experience One Of The Greatest Railway Journeys Of The World [Video]
- Human Consciousness: Off-The-Wall Animation On Human Consciousness – What Makes Us Who We Are? [Video]