In Damascus is both a great labour of love and beauty.
Waref describes his work:
‘This film is about Damascus, an 11,000 years old city, the most ancient & precious of cities, set to the poetry of the world famous Palestinian poet / author Mahmoud Darwish.
More than three years have passed since the idea inception up to this moment. This project was my companion during my staying abroad, it was like a friend and an enemy at the same time, sometimes I spend hours working on it, and sometimes I leave it for months.’
We are glad that Waref finally finished his work and shared it with the world.
You can watch “In Damascus” with Indonesian (Malay), Albanian, Spanish, Greek, French, Bulgarian, Romanian, Russian, Italian, Dutch, German and English subtitle. Just click on the cc button and choose your language.
[More Information: Waref Abu Quba
| Waref on Facebook
Like WOW Planet Earth on Facebook:
Next Up: More From WOW Planet Earth
- Jordan: Travel And See Jordan In A Very Different Light. Tilt-Shift Film Described As ‘Lawrence of Arabia Meets Indiana Jones and Gulliver’s Travels!’ [Video]
- Christ The Redeemer, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Amazing Film Shows Inside The Statue And Stunning Views From The Top
- Times Square, New York: Why Do People Love Times Square? This Film Asks Them Why [Video]
- Hong Kong – A Farewell Love Letter To The City [Video]
- Hong Kong – City Of Colour, Contrast and Contradictions. Life Through The Lens Of A Traveller [Video]
- A Moment Abroad: A Short Symphony To Travel In Europe. Time-Lapse Film Combined With Music Creates A Memorable Journey [Video]
- Roman Remains In Europe – Take An Amazing Aerial Tour By Drone Cam And Explore Some Of The Most Memorable Scenes In Europe [Video]
- Wanderment: Beautiful North American Landscapes Captured By Superb Time-Lapse Photography [Video]
- Columbus, Ohio – Arts, Community And The Creative Fight Against Gentrification In Our Cities [Video]
- Contemporary Photographers: An Exploration Of Their Work And Practices. An Unconventional And Innovative Film By Tyrone Lebon [Video]
- Snowboarding At Night! Glowing Snowboarder Filmed Wearing An LED Suit In The French Alps – Set Beautifully To Music [Video]
- Havana, Cuba: It’s Difficult Not To Be Charmed By The People And This Beautiful City
- New York City Skyline – Sunrise Over An Icy City [P.O.D.]
- The Matterhorn – 150th Anniversary Of The First Climb By Edward Whymper And Team [Video]
- Banksy Street Art – The (Nearly) Complete Works Of Banksy. 200+ Images Capture His Best Work To Date
- Grand Canyon – A Cloud Inversion And The ‘Grandest Hike On Earth’?
- Ghost Peloton: Cycling, Performance Art And Choreography To Celebrate Le Grande Depart, Yorkshire – Tour De France 2014
- 10 Fabulous Pictures Of The Karapan Sapi Festival In Madura, Indonesia. The Fine Art Of Bull-Skating!
- Maybe If You Lived Here This Place Would Seem Normal – But To Everyone Else It’s Extraordinary
- Superb Time-Lapse Film Of Ships Using The Panama Canal [Video]
- The Denali Experiment: An Expedition To Climb, Ski and Snowboard Denali, Alaska [Video]
- Wanderers: Short Film Explores A Vision Of What Our Future In Space Might Actually Look Like. Based On Research By NASA [Video]
- One Morning In Italy – A Light-Hearted Romp Around The Leaning Tower Of Pisa [Video]
- Surfing: Superb Footage Of Surfing By Elite Athletes – Captured At 1000 Frames Per Second By Chris Bryan Films [Video]
- Travel, Snow-boarding And Life In The Mountains From An Athlete’s Perspective [Video]
- A World Without Time – Stunning Time-Lapse Film Reveals The Ever-Changing Beauty Of Nature [Video]
- Starling Murmuration – A Beautiful Bird Ballet In The Sky [Video]
- Astronaut – A Journey To Space. Dynamic And Fast – Experience Earth From Space With The International Space Station Travelling At 28,000km/h [Video]
- Sammy The Explorer: How Surfing And Safe Drinking Water Changed His Life. In Sumba, Indonesia [Video]
- Seat 22 — Trans-Siberian Odyssey: Experience One Of The Greatest Railway Journeys Of The World [Video]